Overview of the course:
Microsoft Project is an excellent software application - almost 30 years of history! Released mid-1980's on MS-DOS. So, it has every imaginable feature built into it by now - and then even some more. Though no piece of software can replace the project manager, but Microsoft Project 2016 assists the project manager in effective management of the project endeavors. By the end of this course - you will be incredibly comfortable with Microsoft Project - and you will be able to use Project like a BOSS. You will be able to create, manage and track world class schedules - with complex requirements of resources, allocations, budgets, reporting and tracking - all the way to project completion!!!
This course is designed on the principle that 3 things have to come together to learn Microsoft Project 2016 perfectly.
- Firstly a mapping with project management knowledge, its processes and tools and techniques.
- Secondly Microsoft Project itself its features, functions, algorithms, tips and tricks
- Lastly hands on exercise on real life projects.
What will you learn?
- Learn the art and science of managing projects with Microsoft Project
- Navigate Microsoft Project 2016
- Gain Project Management knowledge.
- Create a Microsoft Project plan
- Align your knowledge with PMBOK® Guide
- Identify Critical Paths and Summary tasks
- Utilize Gantt charts, views, and tables
- Manage resources for ultimate project effectiveness
- Track project and task progress through the project
- Establish baselines and identify variances
- Create custom reports
- Communicate project status with reports
- Print out project details for analysis and communication
- Ramp-up on Microsoft Project 2016
Who is the target audience?
- New Project Managers with no experience of any tools.
- Experienced PMs with no Project 2016 experience.
- Self-taught users of Microsoft Project - who only used it only for basics - like creating a schedule.
- Senior and Executive Management- Handling one or many PMs, projects and budgets.
- Users of OLD versions (say, MSP 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013) - who want to see and prepare for the latest and the greatest.
- Anyone who wants to succeed with Microsoft Project.
Approach: Computer based participatory workshop
- Basic proficiency with Windows UI
- Participants should download MS Project 2016 prior to starting the course.
- Participants should have a good foundation in project management.
- Participants should bring Laptop.